What a way to start the season! This will be the 7th Seminar with Marc Bachraty Sensei (5. dan Aikikai) and it will again include a Fjords trip to the Pulpit Rock. So far, over 45 people have registered, a third are visitors from abroad, and half are yudansha (black belts), many of them 4th and 5th dan. Quite the event! Please see the seminar 2015 poster for details and do visit our 2015 Facebook Event for the latest news and to see who’s coming. Do sign up on Facebook or send an email if you’re intending to come – it helps tremendously with a smooth planning. Welcome to Stavanger!
Yes, there will be bokken and jo classes! If you are local or come by car/train/bus: please bring your own bokken/jo (if possible more than one) If you fly: we’ll have bokken for loan
1. Dojo: You can stay overnight at the dojo for free, bring a sleeping bag, a sheet and a pillowcase. There are plenty of mattresses and pillows there. There is a kitchenette there with 1 cooking plate, oven, microwave, coffee machine, water cooker, plates/cutlery/cups, a fridge/freezer and a dishwasher. There are several grocery shops nearby (see info sheet in dojo for opening times and location), also a bakery and take-away’s. There is a washing machine there, but it’s old so the gis won’t be dry til next day, try to bring enough keikogis to last the seminar. Priority goes to people staying at the dojo 3 nights or more. If you stay at the dojo, please keep the place very tidy in the common areas as we have other users in house.
Check this website page (scroll to just below the map) for hotels near the dojo.
We recommend St Svithun hostel (vandrerhjem), same place as the St Svithun hotel, as it both has a hotel and a hostel option with different prices (incl. breakfast), and is the closest to our dojo.
We also have a sportsdeal with Clarion Energy hotel next to the seminar hall: single/double/triple room, incl brkfst & wifi = 650/805/1045 pr room/night. Ask Jacqueline for booking instructions.
However, these options are subject to availability and may be filling up soon, but I have a tip: try a search through www.booking.com, you might get lucky at that same hotel anyway.
3. Private: There are a few private accomodation available with one or other of our aikidoka. Pretty filled up already, but your have any medical or other good reason to have a private room, we’ll try hard to accomodate.
Thursday: At the JuShinKan dojo
Friday-Sunday: The Martial Arts Hall (Kamsporthallen) at Siddishallen
Stavanger has a brand new martial arts hall with 360 m2 of judo-mats – and we’ve secured the hall for our seminar!!!
There will be no mat-moving, meaning our home-dojo will have even more sleeping spots for those wishing to benefit from free dojo-accomodation.
The thursday extra class will take place at the dojo, by the way!
Directions and map to the seminar hall Siddis-hallen (to the parking garage nearby):
click here. Address: Ishockeyveien 180, 4021 Stavanger / GPS: 58.954602, 5.695756
Directions and map to the dojo: click here.
Address: Hillevågsveien 33, 4016 Stavanger / GPS: 58.949554, 5.741960
Bus from city centre to hall: nr 3 (from stop nr 16), nr 6 or 7 (from stop nr 19) or nr 29 (from stop nr 20). Get off at Stavanger Forum (5 mn ride) and cross the pedestrian bridge to Siddishallen.
Bus from dojo to hall: nr 3 across the street, towards city, then same as above.
Other transportation methods to/from dojo, to/from airport to city or dojo, etc : see our website.
Bus from St Svithun to Hall: nr 4 from the tunnel stop to the end station Madlakrossen, then walk back to Siddishallen past the Clarion Hotel and DNB Arena.
Map of dojo / hall / hotels / BBQ-place:
A. JuShinKan dojo
B. St. Svithun Hostel
B. Siddishallen (2 routes)
C. Comfort Hotel Energy
D. Snake Island Aiki-Inn = Jac’s place (Barbeque saturday night)
-Friday: Fjords’n’Mountain hike to the Pulpit Rock (separate info will be provided). Cost: price of fuel, ferry, parking and food/water will be shared among participants, estimate: NOK 300
Bring: good shoes, warm clothes, wind/water tight jacket, small backpack (for water, food and extra clothing).
-Saturday: BBQ at the “Snake Island Aiki Inn”. Cost: NOK 100 (will organize transportation from dojo or downtown)
Thursday 27th: NB: at the JuShinKan dojo!
– 19.30-21 Extra practice with Marc Bachraty
Friday 28th: at the Kampsporthallen at Siddishallen
-09.00-16-ish Fjords’n’Mountain hike to the Pulpit Rock (separate info will be provided)
– 19.30 – 21.00
– 10.00 – 11.30
– 16.00-17.30 (NB we have to be out of the hall by 18 sharp!)
– 20-ish – BBQ at the “Snake Island Aiki Inn” (will organize transportation from dojo or downtown)
– 11.00-13.30 (with a small break)
Price: in NOK* (full seminar / pr session)
Full seminar (fri-sun): 600 / 200
Aikidoka from outside region: 500 / 150
Aikidoka from abroad: 400 /100
Juniors up to 19/Students : 400 / 100