We are now going back to a regular schedule, though with ekstra protocols for safety and health to keep us and others safe – see list of rules below*. The prerequisite for attending classes is to know and adhere to these rules (otherwise we have to close again…).
Note: some classes are in-dojo, others online only. See below the schedule for more info about *rules for in dojo practice, and ***tips for attending online classes and get the password!
AUTUMN schedule From 1. August (download schedule in pdf)
New: Iaido on tuesdays and workshops and Saturdays!
* Rules for in-dojo classes:
Please help us keep the dojo open, if we cannot keep these rules, we have to close again… This is part of the national “dugnad” & to keep each other safe!
See complete rules from the Martial Arts Federation (version 1.6, updated 24.6. in Norwegian). Summary in English:
– If you have ANY symptoms, have or have been exposed to the corona virus, please stay home and take care of yourself and us.
– Physical contact is not allowed at all – but we can hold common equipment
– Keep 1 meters distance before, during and after class.
Especially important to take care in the social area, and passing each other in the corridor. Kids/Youth under 19 are allowed regular practice with contact but with a limited number of partners.
– Wash hands before AND after class (see poster)
– Changing room are now allowed, but still 1 meter rule there too
– It is recommended to use alternative to Public transportation to/fro classes
– We can now touch common equipment. Everything that was used has to be disinfected after practice.
– Refrain from touching your face
– If you must sneeze, do so inside your keikogi, then sanitize hands
– Touch as few surfaces as you can, if you do, remember which as they will have to be washed/sanitized after class.
– Help clean/sanitize the dojo after EVERY class, also toilets, changing rooms & common rooms, all surfaces, door handles, light switches, etc.
*** Online Zoom class (tips):
– Thu 13.00-14.00 – Online only with Makiko Tachibana Sensei
(6. dan) from Japan : https://zoom.us/j/89780959595
-don’t forget to get the password ahead of the class: To receive the password: contact Jacqueline by FB-msg (Jacqueline Aikimama) or SMS/Whatsapp (+47 98250628)
-Join from any device, but best results from big devices (laptop, PC, share screen to TV)
-No need to download the Zoom app, but a small program will download automatically to make it work, then click “join meeting”.
-You don’t have to have your camera and/or your mike on but it’s nice to see everybody practicing together and catch up!
-Wear your keikogi if you want, make some space (ca 4 m2 or more), find a thin mattress, a yoga mat or sleeping pad (or borrow mats from the dojo).
-Class may be recorded for study and improvements (only instructor in the main window).
SUMMER SCHEDULE 2020 (all of July)
– Mon 19.00-20.00 – Fundamentals for all– In Dojo only
– Thu 13.00-14.00 – Online only: https://zoom.us/j/89780959595
with Makiko Tachibana Sensei (6. dan) in Japan
– Thu 19.00-20.00 – Fundamentals for all – In Dojo
– Weekends: ad hoc “on the wall online classes” and/or workshops
(announced in FB:Jushinkan Extra group – and Whatsapp)
Winter schedule starts Wednesday 1. January 2020!
New in 2020: Aikido for seniors: movement & safe falling. Daytime classes, start mid-February. Contact Jac if interested
Important dates this semester (mark your calendar):
– 17-19 Apr: JuShinKan Goes To: Bergen for West Coast Aikido Festival
– 8-10 May: Roberto Martucci (6.) in Stavanger / FB event
– 19-21 June: JuShinKan Goes To: Oslo for Kaname Ariga (6.)
– 4-9 July: JuShinKan Goes To: Brandbu for the NAF summer camp
– 20-23 Aug: Fjords’n’Aikido with Marc Bachraty (6.)
For downloadable & printable pdf-schedule, click 2020-Winter-schedule
On Public and school holidays: practice may or may not be cancelled… check the website or Facebook often (you can check Facebook even if you’re not on Facebook)!
Info Aikido – call Jac 98250628 or Bob 95708408
Info for sight or movement impaired, stroke patients – call Jac 98250628
Info Qwan Ki Do – call David 41843544 or Anna 94284761
* * *
Other opportunities: ability-aikido
- Aikido for the Blind / Sight impaired (see info in this article)
We have experience with several sight impaired students, and we take in beginners any time. To begin with, we work one-on-on to get comfortable with the dojo (training hall), with falling (on soft mats!), contact work (a bit like “ledsagerteknikken”, but facing each other and with more motion) and learn the basics of aikido. Once your confidence level rises, you will start training together with others in the regular classes.
- workshops to develop aikido for movement-impaired
- by appointment to begin with
- the aim is to join regular classes
- workshops to connect physical therapy (mobility training) and aikido practice as mobility training
- by appointment only for now
- Falling classes (by appointment)
It’s the Easter Holidays in the schools, so juniors and minis are off, but JuShinKan adults will be training every day!!!
Thu 18.4: 18.45-20.15 class for all
Fri 19.4: 18.00-19.30 class for all
Sat 20.4: 13.00-14.30 workshop
Sun 21.4: 13.00-14.30 workshop
Mon 22.4: 18.45-20.15 class – focus on basics
Back to normal schedule from Tue 23.4 (but no junior class)
Kids classes resume on Wednesday 24.4.
– tuesdays 17.30-18.30 (except 10. & 17.7)
Youth (14+) and Adults:
-26 June until 8 July: normal every day schedule
– from 9 July until 12. August: Tuesdays & Thursdays – with instructor.
– NB: 16-17 July (mon/tue with HAK, 2 sessions daily! see FB-event)
(If you want to train more: set up a workshop*, as in the weekends – without instructor, highest graded leads the session)
Other important dates (mark your calendar):
– 13-15 august (mon-wed): Yamashima Sensei is in Stavanger. Another Japanese 4. Dan living in Canada will be visiting that whole week.
– 23-26 august: Marc Bachraty seminar in Stavanger. This year will be at Tastaruståhallen, because of the ONS. This means moving the mats! Please be available thu eve, and fri. Bob will coordinate.
–7-9 sept: Kuribayashi seminar in Oslo, support for the seminar fee is provided.
Qwan Ki Do starts again when the school starts in August
No practice Easter Week!
First practice after Easter: Wednesday 4. April
No practice Easter Week!
First practice after Easter: Thursday 5. April
Adults (Check Facebook page for latest updates!!!)
Monday-Friday 26-30. April: Regular practice
Sat-Sun-Mon 31.3, 1.4 & 2.4: Workshops at 12.45 (double-check on Facebook!!!)
From Tuesday 3.4: Back to normal practice!
2018 Spring Season!
Tips for beginners: we recommend the monday/wednesday basics classes, where we focus on beginners. Thursdays are open for all, but more high paced, looking at principles and applications, not basics.
Friday weapons class are also open for all, if you’re interested to explore wooden sword and staff. If you’d like more practice: weekend workshops are great to work on what YOU need to, also open for all, and tailored to those coming (prepare a theme/technique you’d like to work on and we will!).
Aikido at Stavanger JuShinKan all summer long!
The schedule from 26.6 until 11.8 will be, with instructors:
Mondays & Thursdays: 18.30-20
Extra practice are likely to happen on other days,
these will be announced on our Facebook page! Check it often!
(NB: you can check Facebook even if you’re not on Facebook)!
2016 Christmas Holiday Practice at JuShinKan: check Facebook for latest update!
Fri/Sat 23-24.12: Be merry, eat well, sleep lots, watch aikido-videos!
Sun 25.12: 19.30-21 with Jac & Donatas
Mon 26.12: 16.30-18 with Jac (call or SMS 98250628 to confirm that you are coming)
Tue 27.12: 12-noon: practice with Bob, Trond, Pascal, and more
Thu 28.12 – with Bob & Trond
Let Bob know if you’re in town and keen for a practice – then we announce details at the latest day before on Facebook (NB: you can read the main page on our Facebook page even if you’re not on Facebook!
SUMMER SCHEDULE 2016 – from 4 july until 14 august
Monday – Wednesday – Friday 18.30-20
(for adults mainly but juniors (10-13 yr-old) are welcome)
NB: Mid-week seminar with Yamashima Sensei (8th dan) mon-tue-wed 8-10 august!
at the dojo: mornings 10-11.30 & afternoons 18.30-20 (NB: extra cost!)
SUMMER SCHEDULE 2015– from Monday 29 June until Sunday 16 August
For more info – email Jacqueline – for schedule until 28 june, see tables below.
JuShinKan Stavanger and Sunyata Sandnes Aikidoklubb are cooperating to offer as much training as possible during the summer holidays for all of our members and aikido-guests that may be travelling through the region! Members can train at each other’s dojo for free and aiki-travellers are super-welcome!!
Tuesday: 18.30-20.00 JuShinKan Stavanger* – juniors & guests welcome
Wednesday: 20.00-21.30 Sunyata Sandnes**
. (Call instructor Patrick if interested: 95271653)
Thursday: 18.30-20.00 JuShinKan Stavanger* – juniors & guests welcome
Saturday/Sunday: ad hoc practice in Stavanger – check our Facebook page.
NB: the schedules may sometimes be adjusted a bit, please double-check for latest news on the Facebook pages: !!! Info and contact here:
Both JuShinKan and Sunyata are back to full training schedule from school start 17 August.
* * *
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE – from Monday 22. December 2014 – 5. January 2015
Last regular classes in 2014 / First class in 2015:
– Mini-Maxi-Mix (4-9 years): wed 10 des. / wed. 7 jan.
– Juniors (10-14 years old): thu 11 dec. / thu. 8 jan.
– Adults: mon 22 dec. / mon 5. jan.